Well, I guess the best way to dispose of that idea, at least for my very limited audience, is to provide you with a few quotes from the breakthrough peace document the Left will be going on and on about.
1- the Palestinian people in the homeland and in the Diaspora seek to liberate their land and to achieve their right in freedom, return and independence and to exercise their right in self determination, including the right to establish their independent state with al-Quds al-Shareef as its capital on all territories occupied in 1967 and to secure the right of return for the refugees and to liberate all prisoners and detainees based on the historical right of our people in the land of the fathers and grandfathers and based on the UN Charter and the international law and international legitimacy.Translation: Implement Arafat’s phased plan of creating a State on whatever land is liberated, and flood Israel with refugees on the rest until it is demographically wiped out.
3 -the right of the Palestinian people in resistance and clinging to the option of resistance with the various means and focusing the resistance in the occupied territories of 1967 alongside with the political action and negotiations and diplomatic action and continuation of popular and mass resistance against the occupation in its various forms and policies and making sure there is broad participation by all sectors and masses in the popular resistance.
Translation: Violent Intifada will continue - and we want to get more even Arabs involved in the physical violence.
9- The need to double efforts to support and care for the refugees and defend their rights and work on holding a popular conference representing theTranslation: Keep fighting to flood Israel with Palestinians.
refugees which should come up with commissions to follow up its duties and to stress on the right of return and to cling to this right and to call on the international community to implement Resolution 194 which stipulates the right of the refugees to return and to be compensated.
15- The national interest stipulates the need to look for the best means towards the continuation of participation of the Palestinian people and their political forces in Gaza Strip in their new situation in the battle for freedom, return and independence and to liberate the West Bank and Jerusalem in a manner that makes the steadfast Gaza Strip a real support force to steadfastness and resistance of our people in the West Bank and Jerusalem as the national interest stipulates reassessing the struggle methods to seek the best methods to resist occupation.
Translation: Get the Arabs in Gaza to better help support, supply, and train Arabs in the West Bank, as well as find a more effective way for them to utilize their weapons against Israel.
16- the need to reform the develop the Palestinian security institution with all its branches on a modern basis and in a manner that makes them capable of assuming their tasks in defending the homeland and the citizens and in confronting the aggression and the occupationTranslation: We need a stronger, better armed, and better trained army to fight Israel better.
I hope this makes things clearer (even without the ‘translation’), so now when you hear the press talking about the breakthrough, understand that the document is merely an internal Palestinian document trying to enforce agreement for one particular plan for destroying Israel not for making peace.
Muqata War Updates
JoeSettler on Twitter
- ► 2011 (44)
- ► 2010 (109)
- ► 2009 (277)
- ► 2008 (390)
- ► 2007 (318)
- Sderot is abandoned, next is Ashkelon
- Disengagement Update: French Hill is Next
- Not a bad week of hits and pageviews...
- "No Palestinian Casualties Reported"
- Who’s running the war?
- My G/d Avenge His Soul
- Interesting Blog
- Giving in to Terrorism
- Left turning Right
- Summer Reading for Israeli Ministers
- I will trust the Israeli Government, they do know ...
- What the PA (terrorists) want and what they will d...
- No Right winger should die because of the stupidit...
- I wish it were Sunday
- Re-education in Israel's Courts
- Where do you want to live?
- A Man and his Dog
- An Alternative Plan to the Disengagement
- JoeSettler Evicted
- Amir Peretz - Assume the Position
- Go Ghana!
- Expulsion Watch: S’derot
- “Hold me back, hold me back”
- New Game: Pick out the Ghetto Jew
- There should be no reason you can't sleep at night...
- How much cash can you fit in your suitcase?
- It all began when Israel hit back
- It's a tough job, but...
- Chief Rabbi & RCA reach Compromise
- Self-Inflicted Wounds
- The Tekoa Road was Opened
- Translation of the New Palestinian Peace Document
- Road Conditions: Congested & Closed
- What! They Don’t Recognize Our Claim To…
- How Do You Count Success?
- Welcome to the Border – Please have your ID ready ...
- Reclaiming Archaeology from Israel
- Road Rage
- Joe-Jameel Book Club and the Jewish Consumer
- Leftwing Rally a Huge Success
- ▼ June 2006 (40)