I understand when they say that U.S. Orthodox Jews are the most connected to, and aligned with Israel, and are growing in strength politically in the U.S., but then I get lost.
They say that U.S. Orthodox Jews felt disappointment and perhaps feelings of betrayal over the expulsion “analogous to those felt by religious Zionists in Israel”, but “most were not prepared to protest publicly out of deference to the government of Israel.”
Feelings “analogous to those felt by religious Zionists in Israel”?
But let’s leave that aside for the moment.
It’s the next part which has me really confused.
The way I understand it, they are saying that if Olmert wants support from U.S. Orthodox Jews (or at least quiet from them) then he must engage them in dialogue.
The way I read it, they are claiming the role of the coward facing off with the bully, afraid to fight him, so he say to his friends, “hold me back, hold me back, before I do something”.
Picture is unrelated to the article except as an analogy.
Steve, Natty, don’t worry.
Continue to remain silent and tacitly support the next expulsion. It really isn’t connected to you at all, not in reality and not in analogy. Besides for your ego and conscience, you obviously only really need Olmert to talk to you so you can have an excuse to “hold you back”.
Expulsion Watch: Electricity was knocked out in S’derot today by some Kassam missiles (which also hit a school). Not to worry, Steve and Natty were not affected.
Muqata War Updates
JoeSettler on Twitter
- ► 2011 (44)
- ► 2010 (109)
- ► 2009 (277)
- ► 2008 (390)
- ► 2007 (318)
- Sderot is abandoned, next is Ashkelon
- Disengagement Update: French Hill is Next
- Not a bad week of hits and pageviews...
- "No Palestinian Casualties Reported"
- Who’s running the war?
- My G/d Avenge His Soul
- Interesting Blog
- Giving in to Terrorism
- Left turning Right
- Summer Reading for Israeli Ministers
- I will trust the Israeli Government, they do know ...
- What the PA (terrorists) want and what they will d...
- No Right winger should die because of the stupidit...
- I wish it were Sunday
- Re-education in Israel's Courts
- Where do you want to live?
- A Man and his Dog
- An Alternative Plan to the Disengagement
- JoeSettler Evicted
- Amir Peretz - Assume the Position
- Go Ghana!
- Expulsion Watch: S’derot
- “Hold me back, hold me back”
- New Game: Pick out the Ghetto Jew
- There should be no reason you can't sleep at night...
- How much cash can you fit in your suitcase?
- It all began when Israel hit back
- It's a tough job, but...
- Chief Rabbi & RCA reach Compromise
- Self-Inflicted Wounds
- The Tekoa Road was Opened
- Translation of the New Palestinian Peace Document
- Road Conditions: Congested & Closed
- What! They Don’t Recognize Our Claim To…
- How Do You Count Success?
- Welcome to the Border – Please have your ID ready ...
- Reclaiming Archaeology from Israel
- Road Rage
- Joe-Jameel Book Club and the Jewish Consumer
- Leftwing Rally a Huge Success
- ▼ June 2006 (40)