Eretz Yisrael Time

Powered by WebAds
Sunday, January 29, 2006
Lately, a lot of people have been trying to ‘out’ JoeSettler.

Three different friends (who know who I am) from 3 different towns report to me that they are repeatedly accosted and accused of being JoeSettler - every single time they walk into shul or the makolet.

Even my parents have asked me if I know who he is, and if I’ve met ‘him’.

I myself have been accused of being Jameel (ya hear that Jameel - of course he heard, he was standing right next to me trying not to laugh), and a number of bloggers have been playing the guessing game too.

The fact is, there are a few very good reasons why JoeSettler is anonymous.

The most important is that I want my ideas to be weighed and considered, not the author, which is why a number of my published documents are often done anonymously (one document was even attributed to Bibi Netanyahu).

Second, if my identity were publicized I might have to moderate what I write as it would affect my personal and business life.

Third, my leftist friends who think I’m just some quiet convenient right-wing punching bag would suddenly either get super-aggressive, or worse, stop telling me what they actually believe, leaving me without any insights into the Leftist thought process.
(They would still be my friends though. They know I'm an 'activist', just not which one.)

In short, lay off. Enjoy the posts (or not). Stop bothering my friends, and no, I’m not Spock Jameel.

8 comments:

Rafi G. said...

I enjoy your posts and you have good reasons to remain anonymous.

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

JoeSettler: First of all, we wrote the Bibi document together! Give me a bit of credit - I thought it was my idea in the first place! ;-)

Secondly, if you were G-d forbid, "outted", I honestly doubt it would affect your personal life. Business life maybe.

Lastly - you should adopt some of the Muqata's extortion busting tactics. Broken kneecaps rarely "out" anyone.

tafka PP said...

I'm not trying to out you. I just wondered if you were hispanic when Jameel called you "JoseSettler"!

4 of my good friends have been asked if they are me. I find it very amusing and even flattering.

westbankmama said...

I have received e-mails asking me who I am, using Jameel as a reference..

no dice, guys. The only one who knows who I am is westbankpapa.

Ezzie said...

Nobody ever tries to out me. I feel left out. (Then again, though I have stuff published in my name, since nobody knows who I am, it gets judged on the content anyway!)

JoeSettler said...

Jameel: The doc was my idea, not that it matters, but the whole group worked on it together - and a wonderful job they did.

That certain people were convinced Bibi wrote it is either high praise or a big shame. I haven't decided.

pp: I didn't notice. No. I think it was just a spelling mistake on Jameel's part.

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

WBM: I've got no clue who you are, but we probably live within a Qassam II's radius of each other.

Ezzie: You just wait till we out you. Its going to happen one day, big time, and when it does...

JoeSettler: Actually, the idea was mine...the document was yours. Oh G-d. Have I outed myself as being connected to that document? How awful.

houseofjoy said...

JoeSettler -
I don't care who you are. I just started reading your blog and I love it. Keep writing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Powered by WebAds
    Follow the Muqata on Twitter
      Follow JoeSettler on Twitter
      Add to favorites Set as Homepage

      Blog Archive


      Powered by WebAds