Iran is to the Arab world, like Israel is to the Western World.
If you think about it, this is a very accurate comparison.
Consider all this:
- Iran is vilified by most of the world.
- Iranians are not Arabs, yet live smack in the Arab Middle East.
- Much of Iran practices a variant religion different from those around them.
- Iran is under economic boycott from multiple nations.
- Iran is forced to find creative ways to build advanced weapons systems, despite the boycott.
- Iran has invested highly in developing their technology sector (even if it is all for war).
- The states in the region all hate Iran, but are afraid of it.
- Iran has been in wars with its Arab neighbors.
- One of Iran’s major exports is weapon systems.
- Iran’s patron is a superpower.
- Iran is a regional leader.
- Iran’s allies wouldn’t mind seeing it sacrificed for their own good.
What does this all actually mean?
I don’t know, but I think it is interesting that Iran as a state can really be differentiated from all the Arab states around it, and that in many ways, Iran is similar to Israel.
Perhaps it is part of the national culture, or world outlook.
Perhaps that is simply the role of a regional superpower.
Muqata War Updates
JoeSettler on Twitter
- ► 2011 (44)
- ► 2010 (109)
- ► 2009 (277)
- ► 2008 (390)
- "Deep" in the West Bank
- It's Opening Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Israel in a Minute (or two)
- My fifth favorite food
- Oy! Peres it at it again
- So much for the wall
- Chazan with Chazon!
- Divesting from Yuli Tamir
- Iran is the Israel of the Arab World
- Is war around the corner?
- Double your Mitzvah before Ein Kitzvah!
- So what do you think of your candidate?
- The story everyone missed
- The Giving Tree Strikes Back
- Bibi Lost
- I've got my gask mask, have you got yours?
- Spinning in his grave
- Real News
- Just Copying Jameel
- It’s OK to criticize Israel
- Following Orders
- Fastest Way to Travel Through Israel
- When life gives you lemons....
- You support Israel, why?
- Carving up the Center
- "Who me?"
- The Bubble Bursts
- If it ain’t broke…
- Jerusalem Municipality to Settlers: Stay Away
- Why are Israelis so afraid of real democracy?
- The Alephbet in Stars
- 72 Virgins
- ▼ August 2007 (32)
- ► 2006 (333)